Wednesday, March 23, 2016

VLV, Tag You're It & SSS {You Make Me Happy}

Spring Break has been wonderful but it has zoomed along...as it always does! Tonight I managed to get crafty. My inspiration came from the project over at Tag You're ItI absolutely loved the neutral colours with the pops of red! I was thinking about using butterflies but then I remembered the Rain or Shine Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp.  I have a great rain stamp set from Verve and I remembered their Viva la Verve CAS sketch for this week! So I switched out the circle for a tag and I was on my way! 


I stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the card to mimic the "wheat" on the inspiration tag and to also make the sketch requirements.


I hope you can see how I was inspired. I added the twine for some texture and also to match the twine in the Tag inspiration.


  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog



15 comments:

  1. Darling tag design, Lesley! Love the warm tone and layering! Beautiful showcase of these stamps! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Come Rain or Shine” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. The colours and the layout are fabulous. Great when the challenges come together and the 'tag' on the front works really beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Lesley :)
    Thanks for finding the time to join us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the pop of the gingham!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Lesley. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lesley this is such a sweet tag and card! Love the layers and how you were inspired with the pops of red translated into red gingham umbrellas!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Lesley and such soft colours. That gingham makes those umbrellas pop perfectly. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little gingham umbrellas are so cute Lesley, sweet card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous tag, I should pull out one of my umbrella stamps (it poured here this week) and love that you left your tag "naked" (something I struggle with in regards to my ribbon addiction problem). Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that gingham umbrella makes me happy! Love how you used the sentiment as your bottom panel. Thanks for joining us over at Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, if it's possible to have a happy rainy day theme, you did it! Love those sweet umbrellas, and your sentiment treatment! Just adorable, Lesley! Thanks for joining in the fun at TYI!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoW this is awesome love the background stamping and the whole design. Thanks for joining us over at Tag You're It.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pop of color, that fun sentiment and your mad paper piecing skills Lesley!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)