Friday, December 31, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #74

Only one more day left of 2010!  What a year it has been. I wanted to end the year with some stamping and spent the day, on and off, creating some cards with some of the scraps of paper I have in a bin.  I actually have a HUGE tub from IKEA into which I load my small pieces of this and that paper!  It is OVERFLOWING and so I decided to try to limit myself to building cards with scraps from that bin!  Does anyone else have that bin in their craft room too? 


So I decided to play along with Melissa Craig and her awesome DT on this cute sketch she created for the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge Blog!!  I changed the circle to an oval but used my scissors to create the fun wave in the paper that she designed.  Using some of the Deck the Halls DSP that I had left over, I decided to make a Thank You card for my stash.  I used the colours in the DSP to help me choose the colours for colouring my image.  In the end I went with Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler and Crumb Cake.



I added some of the Pearls at the top left hand side of the card and a little of the Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon at the bottom.  The sentiment comes from Fabulous Phrases once again!!  I used my Oval Nesties for the main image.  That image comes from a retired SU! set  called "Music Expressions" that I got last year and it is one of my most favourite sets that SU! has ever put out!!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get the chance to play along with this great sketch this week too!!
Smiles,
Lesley

5 comments:

  1. Sweet!!! I used to play the violin, so this is especially wonderful for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is sensational! Your coloring is fantastic too. Wonderful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! One of my favorite sets from the past! Beautiful card, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a creating machine this week! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)