Friday, August 6, 2010

Stampin' Royalty, Curtain Call Colour Challenge and the Sweet Stop Sketch

Last night, while I was up way too late, I visited my pal Jaydee's blog and saw her amazing card you can find by clicking HERE.  I saw that she was using a sketch from the Sweet Stop and I really was drawn to that sketch!  So I started to make a card, using that sketch and a couple of other challenges.  I used the pretty colours from Stacey's Curtain Call Colour Challenge and I played along with Stampin' Royalty which was to make my own Designer Paper.  This card also qualified for the Paper Players challenge to make a Vintage Card...so I decided to add it! 

This is what I came up with, I had a hard time photographing it...it is a little dark...


I used the Vintage Vogue set and stamped some flowers and flourishes on the white piece of cardstock...I actually inked up each stamp, stamped them on a scrap piece of paper and then stamped them onto my cardstock...to give a softer look.  I sponged the edges in Crumb Cake...I stamped and cut out the flowers on the side of the card and popped them up on dimensionals. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! So glad you joined us for the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley... I ALWAYS love your work! What a stunning card! I hope you're enjoying your summer holidays! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty background paper you made with the flower set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, I am finally catching up with my bog visits for this week. This is a GORGEOUS card. I always love what you do with the Vintage Vogue set and this is no exception. The double layer flower and the pearl are just perfect. Wonderful take on the sketch.
    Thank you for the shout out :-) I really appreciate that.
    I love your idea of the new challenge blog!
    big hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful, Donna! love the splash of background flowers:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. did I call you Donna? aarrrgghhh! what's wrong with me? so sorry, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats on being selected as a top pick in the Curtain Call! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Lesley! Good call on pairing those flowers in blue. They look just lovely and the pearl is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your show stopping card, Lesley--well deserved. A nice treat for your birthday, eh?! Hope it was a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Work! You always do such wonderful work Leslie. Great patterned paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)