Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sketch Saturday #51-Enchanted Lily

This card was made for Sketch Saturday #51. I was inspired by all the beautiful designer papers in the sample cards and dug this paper out of my stash! It is Bloom and Grow from My Mind's Eye. I decided to use a Lily stamp from Pink Cat. I had not used a Lily in a while, so it was fun to colour!! The orange base of the card is Pumpkin Pie from SU! and the green is a thin cardstock that came from a pack I bought. I NEVER use this green but it seemed to work with the DSP!! Yippee! Also, because it is thin, I could use my Martha Stewart Lace Border Punch.

The flowers are from my cricut, Basic George and then I added the brads to the centre. Then I smooshed the brads and the flowers in my cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. I added Glossy Accents to her wings and to each flower, you can't tell in the picture but she is glowing!! I found the green polka-dotted ribbon in a sale bin and a little store. I couldn't believe it matched the green paper! LOL!
Thanks for stopping by!! This is the most involved card I think I have EVER made!!! It was a stretch for me and I enjoyed it!!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I like the color combo and how you used the flowers to accent the outdoor theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. You mention that it's the most involved card that you have worked on up to this point. It looks like it's worth your invested time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)